NYSE CEO: Facebook IPO eroded investor confidence: CNBC
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Duncan Niederauer, chief executive of NYSE Euronext NYX.N, said on Friday that Nasdaq OMX's (NDAQ.O) mishandling of Facebook's (FB.O) initial public offering last month "eroded investor confidence" in the short run.
"This has clearly eroded investor confidence, the way it was handled," he told CNBC television.
Niederauer said it was an unfortunate series of events, and that mistakes are going to happen. "It's how you stand up in the wake of that," he said, referring to Nasdaq's handling of the Facebook IPO.
(Edited by Walden Siew)
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting
- Wall St. finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades
- Two deputies killed, two others hurt in California shooting spree
- Iran hangs woman convicted of killing alleged rapist
- Medical worker quarantined in New Jersey under new Ebola safeguards |