Nintendo to cut summer bonuses by 20 percent : Nikkei
(Reuters) - Nintendo Co will cut its employees' summer bonuses by about 20 percent this year as a result of weak business performance, Japanese business daily Nikkei reported.
The video game giant reported its first annual operating loss of 37.3 billion yen ($469.65 million) in April on shrinking sales of its Wii gaming console and weak demand for its new 3DS handheld device.
The company has reduced executive compensations from last year, the newspaper said.
(Reporting by Eileen Anupa Soreng in Bangalore; Editing by Joyjeet Das)
- Ukraine accuses Russia of "undisguised aggression" as rebels advance |
- Disruptive Hong Kong protests loom after China rules out democracy |
- Syrian army, rebels fight on Golan where peacekeepers held |
- NATO to create new 'spearhead' force to respond to crises
- Investors look past Ukraine, focus on ECB