Nintendo to cut summer bonuses by 20 percent : Nikkei
(Reuters) - Nintendo Co will cut its employees' summer bonuses by about 20 percent this year as a result of weak business performance, Japanese business daily Nikkei reported.
The video game giant reported its first annual operating loss of 37.3 billion yen ($469.65 million) in April on shrinking sales of its Wii gaming console and weak demand for its new 3DS handheld device.
The company has reduced executive compensations from last year, the newspaper said.
(Reporting by Eileen Anupa Soreng in Bangalore; Editing by Joyjeet Das)
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis |
- California passes 'yes-means-yes' campus sexual assault bill
- In town halls, U.S. lawmakers hear voter anger over illegal migrants |
- IBM launches Watson system for research, hopes for breakthroughs
- Family of instructor killed at Arizona gun range does not blame girl