- Taxes on some wealthy French top 100 pct of income: paper
- North Korea fires short-range missiles for two days in a row |
- Israel warns against Russian arms supply to Syria
- Winning ticket for $590.5 million Powerball lottery sold in Florida |
- Toyota plans to increase lithium-ion car battery output-Nikkei
Novo Nordisk says Victoza superior to Amylin rival
COPENHAGEN (Reuters) - Denmark's Novo Nordisk, the world's biggest insulin producer, said on Monday a study had confirmed its diabetes drug Victoza provided greater reductions in blood sugar levels than rival drug Byetta from Amylin.
Novo Nordisk said in a statement the study, presented at the 72nd Annual Scientific Sessions of the ADA in Philadelphia, showed more patients appeared to favor a drug given by injection over a drug which is given orally.
The study also confirmed weight loss and cost-effectiveness in the use of Victoza, Novo Nordisk said.
(Reporting by Copenhagen Newsroom; Editing by Mark Potter)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this