Samsung denies interest in Nokia
HELSINKI (Reuters) - Samsung Electronics (005930.KS) denied it was interested in acquiring Nokia (NOK1V.HE), sending shares in the Finnish mobile phone company down 2 percent.
Nokia shares rose 6 percent last Friday on speculation of a possible buyout offer.
"Such reports are purely speculative and are not true," the company said.
(Reporting by Ritsuko Ando)
- Target confirms major card data theft during Thanksgiving
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Facebook, Zuckerberg, banks must face IPO lawsuit: judge
- As Modi storms into India's election, a quiet alternative emerges
- U.S. prosecutor defends treatment of Indian diplomat |