- Taxes on some wealthy French top 100 pct of income: paper
- North Korea fires short-range missiles for two days in a row |
- Israel warns against Russian arms supply to Syria
- Winning ticket for $590.5 million Powerball lottery sold in Florida |
- Toyota plans to increase lithium-ion car battery output-Nikkei
Greece leftist party promises corporate tax overhaul
ROME (Reuters) - The head of Greece's leftist SYRIZA party pledged on Tuesday to introduce a progressive corporate tax scale that would increase tax for high-earning businesses but dismissed fears that investment could dry up if he came to power after the June 17 election.
SYRIZA leader Alexis Tsipras said that investment relied more on a stable tax system than on the tax rate.
Greece currently has a 20 percent corporate tax rate for large listed companies.
(Reporting By Harry Papachristou and Renee Maltezou)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this