Greece leftist party promises corporate tax overhaul
ROME (Reuters) - The head of Greece's leftist SYRIZA party pledged on Tuesday to introduce a progressive corporate tax scale that would increase tax for high-earning businesses but dismissed fears that investment could dry up if he came to power after the June 17 election.
SYRIZA leader Alexis Tsipras said that investment relied more on a stable tax system than on the tax rate.
Greece currently has a 20 percent corporate tax rate for large listed companies.
(Reporting By Harry Papachristou and Renee Maltezou)
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Doctor with Ebola in New York stable; nurse is virus-free
- New York police officer critically wounded in hatchet attack |
- Putin accuses United States of damaging world order
- Exclusive: Charred tanks in Ukraine point to Russian involvement