TAM shares jump as LAN Airlines extends share swap
SAO PAULO (Reuters) - Shares of Brazilian airline TAM TAMM4.SA jumped as much as 9 percent in early Tuesday trading after Chile's LAN Airlines LAN.SN extended a share swap as part of a takeover of TAM to form Latin America's largest airline.
(Reporting by Brad Haynes; editing by John Wallace)
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast: source |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Ukraine forms new defense force, seeks Western help |
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions
- Front companies, embassies mask North Korean weapons trade - U.N