TAM shares jump as LAN Airlines extends share swap
SAO PAULO (Reuters) - Shares of Brazilian airline TAM TAMM4.SA jumped as much as 9 percent in early Tuesday trading after Chile's LAN Airlines LAN.SN extended a share swap as part of a takeover of TAM to form Latin America's largest airline.
(Reporting by Brad Haynes; editing by John Wallace)
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Cold, ice grip U.S. as more snow to blanket East
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'