TAM shares jump as LAN Airlines extends share swap
SAO PAULO (Reuters) - Shares of Brazilian airline TAM TAMM4.SA jumped as much as 9 percent in early Tuesday trading after Chile's LAN Airlines (LAN.SN) extended a share swap as part of a takeover of TAM to form Latin America's largest airline.
(Reporting by Brad Haynes; editing by John Wallace)
- Sunken Korea ferry relatives give DNA swabs to help identify dead |
- Special Report: How the U.S. made its Putin problem worse
- Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide |
- Search resumes after Everest's worst climbing tragedy
- Current underwater search for Malaysia plane could end within a week