Glencore takeover of Viterra may close in August-Agrium
WINNIPEG, Manitoba, June 13
WINNIPEG, Manitoba, June 13 (Reuters) - Glencore International PLC's takeover of Canada's biggest grain handler, Viterra Inc, may close in August, slightly later than expected, the chief executive of Agrium Inc said on Wednesday.
The takeover still requires the Canadian government's approval, and a competition review of Glencore's side deals to sell some assets to Agrium and Richardson International Limited will begin after Glencore's transaction closes, Agrium CEO Mike Wilson told the company's investors in Chicago.
- Scots vote on independence, United Kingdom's fate on knife-edge |
- Australian PM says police raids follow IS linked beheading plot |
- Chinese hacked U.S. military contractors: Senate panel
- China not warlike, says Xi, as border standoff dominates India trip
- IMF warns of risks from 'excessive' financial market bets