Glencore takeover of Viterra may close in August-Agrium
WINNIPEG, Manitoba, June 13
WINNIPEG, Manitoba, June 13 (Reuters) - Glencore International PLC's takeover of Canada's biggest grain handler, Viterra Inc, may close in August, slightly later than expected, the chief executive of Agrium Inc said on Wednesday.
The takeover still requires the Canadian government's approval, and a competition review of Glencore's side deals to sell some assets to Agrium and Richardson International Limited will begin after Glencore's transaction closes, Agrium CEO Mike Wilson told the company's investors in Chicago.
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing Malaysia plane: sources |
- Kremlin website hit by 'powerful' cyber attack
- West prepares sanctions as Russia presses on with Crimea takeover |
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data