UPDATE 1-Caterpillar raises dividend by 13 pct
June 13 (Reuters) - Caterpillar Inc said its board voted to increase the quarterly payout by 13 percent, the latest in a string of dividend increases from diversified U.S. manufacturers.
The company, the world's largest maker of earth-moving equipment, declared a dividend of 52 cents per share, compared with 46 cents earlier.
Rockwell Automation Inc last week said its board had authorized a $1 billion stock buyback and raised the quarterly dividend by 11 percent.
Farm equipment maker Agco Corp also said it was considering paying its shareholders a regular dividend.
Caterpillar's shares were down slightly at $86.57 in afternoon trading on Wednesday on the New York Stock Exchange.
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Record cold, ice grip U.S.; more snow to blanket East
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'