- Sopranos star James Gandolfini dies in Italy
- Special Report: Syria's Islamists seize control as moderates dither
- End to Fed stimulus, China slowdown rattles swathe of world investments
- Arizona killer who asked for speedy execution found dead in cell
- UPDATE 2-Storm Barry heads for Mexico Gulf coast oil installations
Honda recalls about 50,000 Civic cars in US
June 13 |
June 13 (Reuters) - Honda Motor Co Ltd said on Wednesday it will recall about 50,000 Civic small cars in the United States from the 2012 model year for a potential driveshaft assembly issue that could lead to loss of engine power.
The Japanese automaker said it will inspect and, if needed, replace the driver's side driveshaft that may not have been properly assembled, which could lead to the engine no longer propelling the vehicle in any gear.
The car also could roll away if the parking brake has not been set, Honda said.
No crashes or injuries have been reported related to the issue, Honda said.
Mailed notification of the recall will begin in late June, Honda said.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this