- Taxes on some wealthy French top 100 pct of income: paper
- Shooting death of gay man rocks New York's cradle of gay rights
- Imran Khan's party wins revote in Karachi, protests expected
- Global shares grind higher, yen edges up on Amari comments |
- Justin Bieber, Taylor Swift big winners at Billboard Awards
Egan-Jones cuts Spain rating again, to CCC-plus
NEW YORK, June 13 |
NEW YORK, June 13 (Reuters) - Rating agency Egan-Jones on Wednesday cut Spain's sovereign rating to CCC-plus from B, putting the country's debt deep into speculative territory as the beleaguered banking system continues to weigh.
The rating cut - Egan-Jones' fourth since April for Spain - carries a negative outlook, as well.
"As we expected, Spain requested support for its banking sector and will probably need cash for weaker provinces," Egan-Jones said in a statement, adding "watch for more requests for support from the banks and money creation."
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this