AOL shareholders re-elect board, reject dissidents
BOSTON, June 14
BOSTON, June 14 (Reuters) - Preliminary voting results show shareholders in AOL Inc re-elected all eight of the company's incumbent directors on Thursday, fighting off a challenge by activist hedge fund Starboard Value, Julie Jacobs, the company's executive vice president and general counsel, told the company's annual meeting on Thursday.
Jacobs noted that final results would be disclosed in a filing with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky free after pardon |