UPDATE 1-Bombardier wins $631 mln train order
June 14 (Reuters) - Bombardier Inc's train unit signed a contract with the San Francisco Bay Area Rapid Transit District (BART) to deliver 260 new rail cars for $631 million.
The contract includes a first option order for 150 cars that BART intends to order on June 25 and other options, which if exercised would bring the total value of the order to about $1.5 billion.
Delivery of 10 pilot cars is scheduled to take place in the spring of 2015.
Bombardier's shares closed at C$3.81 on the Toronto Stock Exchange on Thursday.
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom |
- Eight bodies found after attack on Guinea Ebola education team
- Scots independence polls close, UK's future in the balance |
- Alibaba IPO prices at top of range, raising $21.8 billion |
- Two adults, six children dead in Florida shooting: report