UPDATE 1-Bombardier wins $631 mln train order
June 14 (Reuters) - Bombardier Inc's train unit signed a contract with the San Francisco Bay Area Rapid Transit District (BART) to deliver 260 new rail cars for $631 million.
The contract includes a first option order for 150 cars that BART intends to order on June 25 and other options, which if exercised would bring the total value of the order to about $1.5 billion.
Delivery of 10 pilot cars is scheduled to take place in the spring of 2015.
Bombardier's shares closed at C$3.81 on the Toronto Stock Exchange on Thursday.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky in Germany after pardon |
- Target probe eyes overseas hackers; stolen cards for sale online
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter