- Whole neighborhoods razed by Oklahoma tornado that killed 24 |
- Analysis: Some Republicans see new scandal in Sebelius fundraising
- Convicted U.S. killer Arias would join tiny death row group
- Drop in U.S. underground water levels has accelerated -USGS
- Israel fires back at Syria after gunshots at its troops
Brazil real jumps 1 pct on report G20 ready to act
SAO PAULO, June 14 |
SAO PAULO, June 14(Reuters) - The Brazilian real jumped 1 percent on Thursday following a report that central banks from major G20 economies stand ready to provide liquidity to markets if the outcome of Greece's Sunday elections cause trading disruptions.
At 4:20 p.m. (1920 GMT), the real gained 0.95 percent to 2.0517 per U.S. dollar, minutes after strengthening to as much as 2.0499.
Also boosting the real were expectations the government could further unwind some of the measures it had undertaken last year to curb excess dollar inflows.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this