Silverlake, TPG, Primavera line up on AsiaInfo-sources
HONG KONG, June 15
HONG KONG, June 15 (Reuters) - Global private equity funds including Silverlake and TPG Capital, and Asian fund Primavera Capital are among firms that have indicated interest in U.S.-listed AsiaInfo Linkage Inc, sources with knowledge of the matter told Reuters, in a deal that could be worth more than $1 billion.
AsiaInfo received an offer from China's CITIC Capital in January, financial details of which were not disclosed, and subsequently appointed Goldman Sachs as a special adviser.
AsiaInfo said in March it would scout for more buyout offers.
The auction has now attracted other bidders, with bids due around the end of June, said the sources, who could not be named as they were not authorised to talk to the media.
AsiaInfo, Silverlake, TPG Capital and Primavera could not be reached for immediate comment.
- Malaysia Airlines plane missing, presumed crashed in South China Sea |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws 'red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media
- No signal picked up from missing Malaysia Airlines plane-Vietnam official