- Angelina Jolie stunt double sues News Corp over hacking
- Special Report: Syria's Islamists seize control as moderates dither
- Global shares firm, dollar steady before Fed decision
- Kanye West wins over critics with 'daring' new album 'Yeezus'
- Journalist who brought down U.S. general is killed in Los Angeles car crash
EURO GOVT-Spanish, Italian bond yields fall
LONDON, June 15 |
LONDON, June 15 (Reuters) - Spanish and Italian government bond yields eased on Friday after plans for coordinated central bank action to help stabilise markets if Sunday's Greek elections lead to turmoil improved sentiment towards riskier assets.
Italian 10-year government bond yields were 12 basis points lower at 6.04 percent, with traders saying market players were covering short positions ahead of the weekend.
Spanish 10-year yields were 9 basis points lower at 6.87 percent, having nudged above 7 percent on Thursday.
Central banks from major economies stand ready to take steps to stabilise financial markets by providing liquidity and preventing a credit squeeze if the outcome of Greek elections on Sunday causes tumultuous trading, G20 officials told Reuters
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this