Tata Motors global vehicle sales up 12 pct in May
June 15 (Reuters) - Tata Motors Ltd's global vehicle sales rose 12 percent in May from a year earlier, the Indian company said, mainly thanks to a 35 percent rise in sales of its luxury Jaguar Land Rover vehicles.
Tata, part of the salt-to-steel Tata Group conglomerate, sold 96,089 vehicles in May. Overall passenger cars sales were 51,064 vehicles, a rise of 21 percent from a year previously.
Sales of its Jaguar Land Rover vehicles stood at 30,094 in the month. Commercial vehicle sales rose 3 percent to 45,025.
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters press on |
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Singapore hit by rare outbreak of rioting, 27 arrested |
- Venezuela's Maduro to raise pressure on business after local vote