Greek anti-bailout leftists vow fight will go on
ATHENS, June 17
ATHENS, June 17 (Reuters) - Greece's radical leftist SYRIZA bloc conceded defeat on Sunday but vowed to continue its fight against the punishing terms of an EU/IMF bailout saving the country from bankruptcy.
"From Monday, we will continue the fight," SYRIZA leader Alexis Tsipras told supporters. "A new day for Greece has already dawned."
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |