Greek anti-bailout leftists vow fight will go on
ATHENS, June 17
ATHENS, June 17 (Reuters) - Greece's radical leftist SYRIZA bloc conceded defeat on Sunday but vowed to continue its fight against the punishing terms of an EU/IMF bailout saving the country from bankruptcy.
"From Monday, we will continue the fight," SYRIZA leader Alexis Tsipras told supporters. "A new day for Greece has already dawned."
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- South Korea to make announcement on air zone; expansion is anticipated |
- Pro-Europe protesters gather for rally in Kiev
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- Obama defends interim Iran deal, seeks to assure Israel