Greek Socialists to back new government, unsure how: sources
ATHENS (Reuters) - Greece's Socialist PASOK party, the country's third-biggest after a repeat election on Sunday, will support a new government backing the country's international bailout but has yet to decide exactly how, two party officials told Reuters.
"We will definitely give a vote of confidence but we're rather lukewarm about participating in the new government with ministers," said one senior Socialist official on condition of anonymity.
A second official said that PASOK would contribute towards the formation under the leadership of the conservative New Democracy, which emerged as the biggest party from Sunday's election.
"We will decide tomorrow how exactly we will do it," the official said.
(Reporting by Harry Papachristou)
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report