Aeon to take 50 pct stake in Tesco's Japan ops
TOKYO, June 18
TOKYO, June 18 (Reuters) - Japan's No.2 general retailer Aeon Corp said on Monday it will take a 50 percent stake in the Japan business of British supermarket giant Tesco Plc for a nominal sum.
Tesco, the world's third-biggest retailer, put its loss-making Japanese business up for sale last August, ending an eight-year attempt to break into a retail market that has proved tough for foreign retailers to crack.
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- Probation for drunk Texas teen driver who killed four sparks backlash
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- South Africa admits error over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |