UPDATE 1-Agnico-Eagle restarts Finland mill early
TORONTO, June 18
TORONTO, June 18 (Reuters) - Agnico-Eagle Mines Ltd said on Monday it resumed full production at its Kittila gold project in Finland, eighteen days after the mill was shut down for scheduled maintenance.
The processing facility was returned to production early, due to better-than-expected conditions inside the autoclave. Additional maintenance will be postponed until later this year, with the total scheduled down time for the mill unchanged.
The Kittila project, located in northern Finland, is expected to produce 155,000 ounces of gold this year. Agnico-Eagle operates mines in Canada, Mexico and Finland.
- Anger mounts after bodies found trapped inside sunken South Korean ferry |
- Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide |
- Special Report: How the U.S. made its Putin problem worse
- Israel space project gets $16 million boost from casino mogul Adelson
- All 338 Korean students, teachers rescued from sinking ferry - school official