UPDATE 1-Agnico-Eagle restarts Finland mill early
TORONTO, June 18
TORONTO, June 18 (Reuters) - Agnico-Eagle Mines Ltd said on Monday it resumed full production at its Kittila gold project in Finland, eighteen days after the mill was shut down for scheduled maintenance.
The processing facility was returned to production early, due to better-than-expected conditions inside the autoclave. Additional maintenance will be postponed until later this year, with the total scheduled down time for the mill unchanged.
The Kittila project, located in northern Finland, is expected to produce 155,000 ounces of gold this year. Agnico-Eagle operates mines in Canada, Mexico and Finland.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- 'Duck Dynasty' anti-gay fallout sparks debate on religion, tolerance
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion |