UPDATE 1-Agnico-Eagle restarts Finland mill early
TORONTO, June 18
TORONTO, June 18 (Reuters) - Agnico-Eagle Mines Ltd said on Monday it resumed full production at its Kittila gold project in Finland, eighteen days after the mill was shut down for scheduled maintenance.
The processing facility was returned to production early, due to better-than-expected conditions inside the autoclave. Additional maintenance will be postponed until later this year, with the total scheduled down time for the mill unchanged.
The Kittila project, located in northern Finland, is expected to produce 155,000 ounces of gold this year. Agnico-Eagle operates mines in Canada, Mexico and Finland.
- Maine nurse fights Ebola quarantine, says will not be bullied |
- SoftBank's humanoid robot lands job as Nescafe salesman
- Clashes erupt as Israeli police kill Palestinian suspected of shooting Jewish far-rightist
- Dollar surges as Fed ends QE on hawkish note
- Ukraine gas supplies in doubt as Russia seeks EU payment deal