Walgreen buys 45 pct stake in Alliance Boots for $6.7 bln
June 19 (Reuters) - Walgreen Co said it would buy a 45 percent stake in Alliance Boots for $6.7 billion in cash and stock to create the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise.
Walgreen, the largest U.S. drugstore chain, said the deal would add substantially to its earnings per share in the first year.
- Islamic State threat 'beyond anything we've seen': Pentagon
- Oklahoma City policeman arrested for raping women while on patrol
- U.S. says Russia must pull convoy from Ukraine or face more sanctions |
- Exclusive: Apple iPhone 6 screen snag leaves supply chain scrambling |
- Gaza gunmen execute 'collaborators'; mortar kills Israeli boy |