Walgreen buys 45 pct stake in Alliance Boots for $6.7 bln
June 19 (Reuters) - Walgreen Co said it would buy a 45 percent stake in Alliance Boots for $6.7 billion in cash and stock to create the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise.
Walgreen, the largest U.S. drugstore chain, said the deal would add substantially to its earnings per share in the first year.
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |