Walgreen buys 45 pct stake in Alliance Boots for $6.7 bln
June 19 (Reuters) - Walgreen Co said it would buy a 45 percent stake in Alliance Boots for $6.7 billion in cash and stock to create the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise.
Walgreen, the largest U.S. drugstore chain, said the deal would add substantially to its earnings per share in the first year.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky free after pardon, heads for Germany |
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter