Walgreen buys 45 pct stake in Alliance Boots for $6.7 bln
June 19 (Reuters) - Walgreen Co said it would buy a 45 percent stake in Alliance Boots for $6.7 billion in cash and stock to create the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise.
Walgreen, the largest U.S. drugstore chain, said the deal would add substantially to its earnings per share in the first year.
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting
- Wall St. finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades
- Two deputies killed, two others hurt in California shooting spree
- Iran hangs woman convicted of killing alleged rapist
- Medical worker quarantined in New Jersey under new Ebola safeguards |