Walgreen buys 45 pct stake in Alliance Boots for $6.7 bln
June 19 (Reuters) - Walgreen Co said it would buy a 45 percent stake in Alliance Boots for $6.7 billion in cash and stock to create the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise.
Walgreen, the largest U.S. drugstore chain, said the deal would add substantially to its earnings per share in the first year.
- Vice principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide |
- After Nevada ranch stand-off, emboldened militias ask: where next?
- All 338 Korean students, teachers rescued from sinking ferry - school official
- Retailer Michaels Stores confirms payment card data breach
- East Ukraine separatists stay put despite diplomatic deal |