- Sopranos star James Gandolfini dies in Italy |
- Special Report: Syria's Islamists seize control as moderates dither
- End to Fed stimulus, China slowdown spark world sell-off
- Arizona killer who asked for speedy execution found dead in cell
- UPDATE 2-Storm Barry heads for Mexico Gulf coast oil installations
Egypt's Mubarak unconscious, on respirator-sources
CAIRO, June 19 |
CAIRO, June 19 (Reuters) - Egypt's ousted President Hosni Mubarak, jailed for life this month and who has been hospitalised for more than a year, is unconscious and on a respirator but is not clinically dead, two security sources told Reuters on Tuesday.
"He is completely unconscious. He is using artificial respiration," one military source told Reuters, after the state news agency reported he was clinically dead after being taken from a prison medical facility to a military hospital.
Another separate security source gave the same account and dismissed the report issued by the state news agency saying: "It is still early to say that he is clinically dead." (Reporting by Yasmine Saleh; Writing by Edmund Blair)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this