Australia competition regulator to review News Corp offer for Consolidated
SYDNEY, June 20
SYDNEY, June 20 (Reuters) - Australia's competition regulator on Wednesday said it has begun a review of News Corp's $2 billion takeover offer for Australia's Consolidated Media Holdings in a deal that would double its stake in the country's dominant pay-TV to 50 percent.
The Australian Competition and Consumer regulator sought submissions from interested parties over the deal and said it expected to reveal its decision on Aug. 2.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky in Germany after pardon |
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter