Greek Alpha Bank denies talks with Emporiki
ATHENS, June 20
ATHENS, June 20 (Reuters) - Greece's second largest lender Alpha Bank denied on Wednesday a press report that it was in talks to acquire parts of Emporiki Bank, majority owned by France's Credit Agricole.
"The report does not reflect reality," an Alpha Bank official told Reuters on condition of anonymity.
Financial website capital.gr said Alpha was in intensive talks to acquire Emporiki assets.
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Ukraine appeals to West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- Libyan parliament sacks PM after tanker escapes rebel-held port