- Special Report: Syria's Islamists seize control as moderates dither
- Angelina Jolie stunt double sues News Corp over hacking
- Global shares flat, dollar steady before Fed decision
- Prosecutors plan more charges against accused Cleveland kidnapper
- Journalist who brought down U.S. general is killed in Los Angeles car crash
Telefonica won't meddle in Slim's KPN bid - source
MADRID, June 20 |
MADRID, June 20 (Reuters) - Spanish telecoms group Telefonica has no plans to interfere in a hostile bid for Dutch peer KPN by Carlos Slim's America Movil , a source with knowledge of the matter told Reuters.
"They're not going to get involved," the source told Reuters on Wednesday.
Telefonica has been considered a possible white knight for KPN's German business, E-Plus, which the Dutch company has said it could sell in a renewed attempt to persuade shareholders to reject Slim's $3.25 billion bid for up to 28 percent of KPN. (Reporting By Robert Hetz; Editing by Tracy Rucinski)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this