Opel CEO says will keep up spending on products
MONTE CARLO, June 21
MONTE CARLO, June 21 (Reuters) - General Motors unit Opel will keep up investments in products, the European car makers' chief executive said on Thursday.
"We will make a significant investment in Opel's product portfolio," Karl-Friedrich Stracke said at an automotive industry event.
"I noticed with interest that some of our key competitors have announced plans to cut product investment spending," he said.
Italy's Fiat SpA said last week it is cutting its capital expenditure in Europe by half a billion euros this year because of a protracted market slump.
- Malaysia Airlines plane missing at sea off Vietnam, presumed crashed |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws 'red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- Warning shots fired to turn monitors back from Crimea |
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media