Astellas gets expanded approval for Symbicort asthma drug in Japan
TOKYO, June 22
TOKYO, June 22 (Reuters) - Astellas Pharma Inc said on Friday it has received approval for additional use of its Symbicort Turbuhaler drug treatment for adult bronchial asthma in Japan beyond its current twice-daily usage limit.
Users in Japan can now use Symbicort, launched in Japan in January 2010, at the onset of an asthma attack and take one further inhalation after a few minutes if the attack continues, Astellas said. (Reporting by Mayumi Negishi; Editing by Michael Watson)
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Storm pushes up U.S. East Coast after deep-freeze in the South
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Venezuela's Maduro to raise pressure on business after local vote