Osaka Gas to invest in Cabot's Texas shale gas, oil project
TOKYO, June 22
TOKYO, June 22 (Reuters) - Japan's Osaka Gas Co said on Friday it will take a 35 percent stake in a shale gas and oil project in Texas of U.S. firm Cabot Oil & Gas Corp for 20 billion yen ($249 million), as it aims to lower its procurement costs.
Faced with inflated prices for liquefied natural gas in Asia, Osaka Gas has been eyeing LNG projects in Australia and non-conventional gas in North America to lower costs.
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting
- Wall St. finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades
- Easter Island's ancient inhabitants weren't so lonely after all
- Two deputies killed, two others hurt in California shooting spree
- Two killed, four wounded in Washington state school shooting