- Special Report: Syria's Islamists seize control as moderates dither
- Obama defends U.S. intelligence strategy in wary Berlin |
- Stocks, bond prices drop as Fed points to reduced bond buying
- Wall St. drops after Bernanke hints at slowing stimulus |
- Tropical Storm Barry forms in the southern Gulf of Mexico -NHC
Bullard says US Fed has done what it can do
NEW YORK, June 22 |
NEW YORK, June 22 (Reuters) - The Federal Reserve has been very accommodative and has done "what it can do," a top Fed official said on Friday.
St. Louis Fed President James Bullard, speaking on Bloomberg TV, added that low yields on Treasuries have taken some pressure off the Fed's policy-setting committee.
The Fed on Wednesday decided to extend a bond maturity-extension program called Operation Twist through the end of the year.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this