- IRS official refuses to answer questions at scandal hearing |
- Global stocks, oil fall after Bernanke; dollar gains |
- Oklahoma tornado victims astounded at how they survived |
- CORRECTED-White House threatens veto of bill to bypass Obama on Keystone
- British soldier hacked to death in suspected Islamist attack
France says Merkel coming to Paris Wednesday
PARIS, June 23 |
PARIS, June 23 (Reuters) - French President Francois Hollande will meet German Chancellor Angela Merkel for talks in Paris on Wednesday, Hollande's office said on Saturday, as the two try to square their differing positions ahead of a summit on euro zone crisis measures.
"They will discuss the upcoming EU summit, the international situation and future Franco-German exchanges," the president's office said in a statement.
A spokesman for the German government told Reuters earlier on Saturday the meeting would take place. Merkel and Hollande met with the leaders of Spain and Italy in Rome on Friday to prepare the ground for the June 28-29 European Union summit.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this