Seven Czechs killed in bus crash in Croatia
ZAGREB (Reuters) - Seven Czech citizens were killed and 44 wounded on Saturday when the bus they were travelling in crashed into the safety fence and overturned on a motorway in central Croatia, police said.
The bus overturned on the motorway near the Krpani tunnel, at around 4:30 a.m., a police spokeswoman said.
The motorway is Croatia's most vital route and links capital Zagreb with the southern Adriatic city of Split. National car association HAK said traffic was diverted to local roads until further notice.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- New York police officer critically wounded in hatchet attack |
- Doctor with Ebola in NY hospital, nurse declared virus-free
- Putin accuses United States of damaging world order
- Exclusive: Charred tanks in Ukraine point to Russian involvement