- Frenetic search for survivors as 91 feared dead in tornado-hit Oklahoma |
- Israel fires back at Syria after gunshots at its troops
- Drop in U.S. underground water levels has accelerated -USGS
- Dollar firms before Bernanke, inflation dip hits sterling |
- IRS officials back on Capitol Hill hot seat over targeting
A huge tornado tears through the Oklahoma City suburb of Moore, killing dozens. Slideshow
Eight Czechs killed in bus crash in Croatia
ZAGREB (Reuters) - Eight Czech citizens were killed and 43 injured on Saturday when the bus they were travelling in crashed into the safety fence and overturned on a motorway in central Croatia, police said.
The bus overturned on the motorway near the Krpani tunnel, at around 4:30 a.m., a police spokeswoman said.
The motorway is Croatia's most vital route and links capital Zagreb with the southern Adriatic city of Split. National car association HAK said traffic was diverted to local roads until further notice.
(Reporting by Zoran Radosavljevic; Editing by Alison Williams)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this