- Taxes on some wealthy French top 100 pct of income: paper
- North Korea fires short-range missiles for two days in a row |
- Israel warns against Russian arms supply to Syria
- Winning ticket for $590.5 million Powerball lottery sold in Florida |
- Toyota plans to increase lithium-ion car battery output-Nikkei
"Jeopardy!" host Alex Trebek suffers mild heart attack
LOS ANGELES |
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - U.S. television game show host Alex Trebek is recovering from a mild heart attack he suffered on Saturday, but is expected to recover in time to begin filming the next season of "Jeopardy!" in July, his studio said on Sunday.
Trebek, 71, was admitted into Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles on Saturday, Sony Television said in a statement.
"Trebek is in good spirits and is currently under observation and undergoing further testing," the statement said.
"Jeopardy!," a general knowledge quiz, is one of the longest-running game shows on U.S. television, entering its 29th season in July. Trebek was hospitalized for an earlier heart attack in 2007.
(Reporting by Mary Slosson; Editing by Cynthia Johnston and David Brunnstrom)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this