Turkey sends Syria diplomatic note over jet: state TV
ANKARA (Reuters) - Turkey has issued a diplomatic note to Syria over its downing of a Turkish warplane over the Mediterranean, state broadcaster TRT said without giving any further details.
Turkey's foreign minister earlier said he had called for consultation meetings with other NATO members over the incident this week and said Ankara would also formally present the case to the U.N. Security Council.
(Writing by Jonathon Burch; Editing by Alison Williams)
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- Probation for drunk Texas teen driver who killed four sparks backlash
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- South Africa admits error over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |
Thousands line up to say goodbye to Nelson Mandela, whose body is lying in state in Pretoria. Slideshow