Turkey sends Syria diplomatic note over jet: state TV
ANKARA (Reuters) - Turkey has issued a diplomatic note to Syria over its downing of a Turkish warplane over the Mediterranean, state broadcaster TRT said without giving any further details.
Turkey's foreign minister earlier said he had called for consultation meetings with other NATO members over the incident this week and said Ankara would also formally present the case to the U.N. Security Council.
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting
- Wall St. finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades
- Two deputies killed, two others hurt in California shooting spree
- Iran hangs woman convicted of killing alleged rapist
- Medical worker quarantined in New Jersey under new Ebola safeguards |