Turkey sends Syria diplomatic note over jet: state TV
ANKARA (Reuters) - Turkey has issued a diplomatic note to Syria over its downing of a Turkish warplane over the Mediterranean, state broadcaster TRT said without giving any further details.
Turkey's foreign minister earlier said he had called for consultation meetings with other NATO members over the incident this week and said Ankara would also formally present the case to the U.N. Security Council.
- Islamic State threat 'beyond anything we've seen': Pentagon
- British Muslims blame jihadi subculture after beheading video |
- Israeli air strike kills three Hamas commanders in Gaza |
- U.S. aid workers who survived Ebola leave Atlanta hospital |
- National Guard to withdraw from riot-torn Ferguson, Missouri |