Cyprus set to make bailout bid Monday-source
LONDON, June 25
LONDON, June 25 (Reuters) - Cyprus is expected to submit a bid to Europe's EFSF bailout fund within hours, an EU source said on Monday, as the country faces less than a week to recapitalise its second-largest lender.
"We expect the application, requesting admission to the EFSF support mechanism, to be submitted today," the source told Reuters. "It is a question of a matter of hours."
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- Probation for drunk Texas teen driver who killed four sparks backlash
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- South Africa admits error over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |