RPT-Cyprus set to make bailout bid Monday-source
LONDON, June 25 (Reuters) - Cyprus is expected to submit a bid to Europe's EFSF bailout fund within hours, an EU source said on Monday, as the country faces less than a week to recapitalise its second-largest lender.
"We expect the application, requesting admission to the EFSF support mechanism, to be submitted today," the source told Reuters. "It is a question of a matter of hours."
- UK says will pay off part of World War One-era debt next year
- Kurdish peshmerga forces enter Syria's Kobani after further air strikes |
- Test flight of Virgin Galactic spaceship ends in fatal crash in California |
- Fired-up Republicans have edge in midterm turnout war
- Oregon resident hospitalized for possible Ebola virus infection