Turkish May foreign arrivals down 1.53 pct yr/yr
ISTANBUL, June 25
ISTANBUL, June 25 (Reuters) - The number of foreign visitors to Turkey fell 1.53 percent year-on-year in May to 3.23 million people, Tourism Ministry data showed on Monday, after falling 5.33 percent the previous month.
In the first five months of 2012, the total number of foreign visitors amounted to 8.84 million people, down 4.38 percent from the same period last year.
In 2011 as a whole, tourist arrivals had increased 9.86 percent to 31.46 million, while revenues amounted to $23.02 billion. (Writing by Seltem Iyigun)
- Malaysia says no evidence missing plane flew hours after losing contact |
- Rescuers seek survivors after NY building collapse; seven dead
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source
- Missing jet may have strayed to west, Malaysia military says |
- UPDATE 1-U.S. investigators suspect missing Malaysian plane flew for hours -WSJ