Turkish May foreign arrivals down 1.53 pct yr/yr
ISTANBUL, June 25
ISTANBUL, June 25 (Reuters) - The number of foreign visitors to Turkey fell 1.53 percent year-on-year in May to 3.23 million people, Tourism Ministry data showed on Monday, after falling 5.33 percent the previous month.
In the first five months of 2012, the total number of foreign visitors amounted to 8.84 million people, down 4.38 percent from the same period last year.
In 2011 as a whole, tourist arrivals had increased 9.86 percent to 31.46 million, while revenues amounted to $23.02 billion. (Writing by Seltem Iyigun)
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- U.S. aircraft hit by gunfire in South Sudan as conflict worsens
- With Fed out of the way, what's next on Wall Street?
- Four men arrested in deadly N.J. shopping mall carjacking
- Analysis: Lost Brazil order raises threat to Boeing fighter jets