Merkel: no shared debt liability in my lifetime-sources
BERLIN, June 26
BERLIN, June 26 (Reuters) - Germany's Angela Merkel was quoted as telling a meeting of one of the parties in her coalition on Tuesday that Europe would not have shared total debt liability "as long as I live".
The chancellor said there would be no shared liability of debt in Germany either - after her government agreed plans with federal states to issue joint "Deutschland bonds" - in comments reported by participants in a meeting with the Free Democrats (FDP), junior partners in her centre-right coalition.
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- Mandela signer hits back: I'm sign language champion |
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Focus turns to Thai military, anti-government protesters tell them to pick sides |
- Google executives' planes saved millions in costs due to error - NASA