- Frenetic search for survivors as 91 feared dead in tornado-hit Oklahoma |
- Israel fires back at Syria after gunshots at its troops
- Drop in U.S. underground water levels has accelerated -USGS
- Dollar firms as Fed suspense builds, shares off highs |
- IRS officials back on Capitol Hill hot seat over targeting
Merkel: no shared debt liability in my lifetime-sources
BERLIN, June 26 |
BERLIN, June 26 (Reuters) - Germany's Angela Merkel was quoted as telling a meeting of one of the parties in her coalition on Tuesday that Europe would not have shared total debt liability "as long as I live".
The chancellor said there would be no shared liability of debt in Germany either - after her government agreed plans with federal states to issue joint "Deutschland bonds" - in comments reported by participants in a meeting with the Free Democrats (FDP), junior partners in her centre-right coalition.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this