STXNEWS LATAM-Brazil's Gol aims to cut 2,500 jobs this year
Brazil's No.2 airline, Gol Linhas Aereas plans to reduce its workforce by 2,500 employees this year through layoffs, hiring freezes and natural turnover at the company, according to a press statement released on Tuesday.
Gol has already cut about 1,000 jobs so far this year in an effort to scale back operations and restore profitability after losing 710 million reais ($342 million) in 2011.
- Obama and Castro shake hands, Zuma humiliated at Mandela memorial |
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Reporter can keep sources secret in Colorado theater shooting: court
- Regulators seek to curb Wall St. trades with Volcker rule
- Thai PM urges protesters to take part in election |