- Special Report: Syria's Islamists seize control as moderates dither
- Stocks, bond prices drop as Fed points to reduced bond buying
- Obama defends U.S. intelligence strategy in wary Berlin |
- Wall St. drops after Bernanke hints at slowing stimulus |
- Tropical Storm Barry forms in the southern Gulf of Mexico -NHC
Commerzbank to pay staff bonuses by selling shares
FRANKFURT, June 27 |
FRANKFURT, June 27 (Reuters) - Commerzbank AG said on Wednesday it would sell 128.3 million of new shares in order to pay staff bonuses worth more than 150 million euros ($186.86 million).
Around 60 percent of the employees have decided they would not keep the shares but would instead sell them immediately to institutional investors, with Commerzbank itself and Deutsche Bank AG acting as bookrunners.
The sale of new shares will help Germany's second biggest lender meet the Basel III criteria on boosting Core Tier 1 capital, the bank said. ($1 = 0.8028 euros) (Reporting By Alexander Huebner; Writing by Marilyn Gerlach; Editing by Gerald E. McCormick)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this