MALAYSIA PRESS-Bank of East Asia stake in Affin not for sale-The Edge
The Bank of East Asia (BEA) dispelled speculation that it p lans to sell a 23.5 percent stake in Affin Holdings Bhd , a development that pours cold water on suggestions of a possible tie-up between the Armed Forces-backed bank and the Hong Leong group.
BEA chairman and chief executive David Li said on Tuesday that the Hong Kong-based bank in fact hopes to increase its presence in Affin.
NOTE: Reuters has not verified these stories and does not
vouch for their accuracy.
- U.S.' Kerry voices 'regret' to India over diplomat case |
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea
- Medical bills underlie 60 percent of U.S. bankrupts: study
- Mega Millions winners in Georgia, California to split $648 million |