- Sopranos star James Gandolfini dies in Italy
- Special Report: Syria's Islamists seize control as moderates dither
- End to Fed stimulus, China slowdown rattles swathe of world investments
- Arizona killer who asked for speedy execution found dead in cell
- UPDATE 2-Storm Barry heads for Mexico Gulf coast oil installations
Quake strikes western El Salvador
LONDON (Reuters) - A magnitude 5.8 earthquake struck western El Salvador's Ahuachapan department at 0630 GMT, the U.S. Geological Survey, monitored in London, reported.
The quake's epicenter was 48.8 miles underground, about 12 miles west southwest of the department capital, also named Ahuachapan, the USGS said.
(Reporting by Timothy Pearce; Editing by Jon Boyle)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this