STXNEWS LATAM-Chile stocks flat, all eyes on EU summit
Santiago's blue-chip IPSA stock index has ended virtually flat, sliding a minimal preliminary 0.02 percent and paring its steeper earlier losses, as investors pinned their hopes on a summit of European Union leaders to fix the region's debt crisis.
Among the session's most heavily trades stocks, LATAM Airlines Group dropped 0.67 percent, diversified retailer Cencosud increased 0.8 percent, and industrial conglomerate Copec climbed 0.34 percent.
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- Teenager dies on Atlanta-bound flight, plane diverted
- U.S. ice storm causes blackouts, delays in Texas, Arkansas
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal