Speaker Boehner renews vow to try to repeal Obama health law
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - House of Representatives Speaker John Boehner on Thursday renewed his vow to try to repeal President Barack Obama's healthcare law after a divided Supreme Court key parts of it.
"Today's ruling underscores the urgency of repealing this harmful law in its entirety," Boehner said in a statement just minutes after the court released its ruling. Boehner's Republican-led House will likely vote to repeal the measure, but Obama's fellow Democrats in the Senate are certain to block it.
(Reporting By Donna Smith)
- Ukraine says Russian tanks flatten town; EU to threaten more sanctions |
- Seven NATO allies to create new rapid reaction force-report
- Islamic State militants behead captive Lebanese soldier: video
- Putin says Russia must strengthen its economic, military position in Arctic
- U.S. authorities investigate suspected threat against Obama: reports