Speaker Boehner renews vow to try to repeal Obama health law
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - House of Representatives Speaker John Boehner on Thursday renewed his vow to try to repeal President Barack Obama's healthcare law after a divided Supreme Court key parts of it.
"Today's ruling underscores the urgency of repealing this harmful law in its entirety," Boehner said in a statement just minutes after the court released its ruling. Boehner's Republican-led House will likely vote to repeal the measure, but Obama's fellow Democrats in the Senate are certain to block it.
(Reporting By Donna Smith)
- Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide |
- After Nevada ranch stand-off, emboldened militias ask: where next?
- New Russia sanctions threats as Ukraine stalemate goes on |
- Florida man charged with murdering son so he could play video games
- All 338 Korean students, teachers rescued from sinking ferry - school official