Speaker Boehner renews vow to try to repeal Obama health law
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - House of Representatives Speaker John Boehner on Thursday renewed his vow to try to repeal President Barack Obama's healthcare law after a divided Supreme Court key parts of it.
"Today's ruling underscores the urgency of repealing this harmful law in its entirety," Boehner said in a statement just minutes after the court released its ruling. Boehner's Republican-led House will likely vote to repeal the measure, but Obama's fellow Democrats in the Senate are certain to block it.
(Reporting By Donna Smith)
- Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard: report |
- UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- No signal picked up from missing Malaysia Airlines plane-Vietnam official
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media