The Greater China Fund, Inc. (NYSE: GCH) Announces Election of Two Class III Directors and Termination of the
* Reuters is not responsible for the content in this press release.
NEW YORK, NY, Jun 29 (Marketwire) -- The Greater China Fund, Inc. (NYSE: GCH) (the "Fund") announced today the results of its 2012 Annual Meeting of Stockholders. At the meeting, stockholders elected John A. Hawkins and Tak Lung Tsim, each as a Class III director for a term of three years. Stockholders also voted on a proposal by City of London Management Company to terminate the Fund's Investment Advisory Agreement with Baring Asset Management (Asia) Ltd. ("Baring"), the Fund's Investment Manager. The proposal received the favorable vote of a majority of the Fund's outstanding shares and therefore was approved. As a result, the Fund's agreement with Baring will terminate in 60 days. The Fund's Board of Directors will meet in due course to consider an appropriate course of action. For more information on the Fund, including the most recent month-end performance, visit www.greaterchinafund.com or call 1-877-FUND-GCH (1-877-386-3424). The Fund is a non-diversified, closed-end management investment company that seeks long-term capital appreciation through investing primarily in listed securities of China companies. The Fund's interim investment adviser is Baring Asset Management (Asia) Limited. Contact: Patricia Baronowski 631-756-2486 email@example.com Copyright 2012, Marketwire, All rights reserved. -0-
- Sunken Korea ferry relatives give DNA swabs to help identify dead |
- Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide |
- Special Report: How the U.S. made its Putin problem worse
- Search resumes after Everest's worst climbing tragedy
- All 338 Korean students, teachers rescued from sinking ferry - school official