- IRS official refuses to answer questions at scandal hearing |
- Global stocks, oil fall after Bernanke; dollar gains |
- Oklahoma tornado victims astounded at how they survived |
- CORRECTED-White House threatens veto of bill to bypass Obama on Keystone
- Man linked to Boston bombing suspect killed by FBI in Florida
IMF welcomes steps to deepen EU financial integration
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The International Monetary Fund on Friday welcomed decisions by European leaders to deepen financial sector integration in the euro zone, saying it they would "help break the feedback loop between banks and sovereigns."
"These are the right steps toward completing monetary union which will also benefit from further action for deeper fiscal integration," an IMF spokeswoman said in a statement.
(Reporting By Lesley Wroughton; Editing by Chizu Nomiyama)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this