Yara investigation confirms irregular payments
OSLO, June 29
OSLO, June 29 (Reuters) - Norwegian fertiliser firm Yara said on Friday an external investigation had confirmed earlier information on a number of irregular payments related to processes in Libya, India and Switzerland.
Yara had hired a law firm to conduct a broad external investigation after discovering "unacceptable" payments to consultants and other persons associated with suppliers, and notified Norwegian authorities.
"Until the Oekokrim investigation is completed, Yara cannot conclude on questions related to responsibility of individuals or individual companies," the firm said.
(Reporting by Victoria Klesty)
- Israel rejects ceasefire plan, source says, as death toll nears 850 |
- First Ebola victim in Sierra Leone capital on the run
- Obama tells Central American leaders most children will go home
- EU edges to economic sanctions on Russia but narrows scope |
- Bad weather seen as probable cause of Air Algerie crash