Yara investigation confirms irregular payments
OSLO, June 29
OSLO, June 29 (Reuters) - Norwegian fertiliser firm Yara said on Friday an external investigation had confirmed earlier information on a number of irregular payments related to processes in Libya, India and Switzerland.
Yara had hired a law firm to conduct a broad external investigation after discovering "unacceptable" payments to consultants and other persons associated with suppliers, and notified Norwegian authorities.
"Until the Oekokrim investigation is completed, Yara cannot conclude on questions related to responsibility of individuals or individual companies," the firm said.
(Reporting by Victoria Klesty)
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- Teenager dies on Atlanta-bound flight, plane diverted
- U.S. ice storm causes blackouts, delays in Texas, Arkansas
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal