- Taxes on some wealthy French top 100 pct of income: paper
- Shooting death of gay man rocks New York's cradle of gay rights
- Imran Khan's party wins revote in Karachi, protests expected
- Justin Bieber, Taylor Swift big winners at Billboard Awards
- Global shares grind higher, yen edges up on Amari comments |
Egypt secures $1 bln finance for food, energy
CAIRO, July 1 |
CAIRO, July 1 (Reuters) - The Egyptian government signed an agreement on Sunday with the Saudi-based Islamic Development Bank (IDB) that will provide $1 billion to finance energy and food imports, the government said in a statement.
The agreement with the International Islamic Trade Finance Corporation, part of the IDB, was signed in Cairo by Waleed Abdul Mohsen al-Wohaib, chief executive officer of the institution, and the Egyptian government, the statement said.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this