Spain economy minister sees growth stabilising after Q2
NAVACERRADA, Spain, July 1
NAVACERRADA, Spain, July 1 (Reuters) - Spain's gross domestic product contracted at a slightly faster rate in the second quarter than the first though would stabilise over the following quarters, Economy Minister Luis de Guindos said on Sunday.
Spanish GDP shrunk by 0.3 percent quarter on quarter in the first three months of the year while the government expects the economy to contract by 1.7 percent year on year in 2012.
- Ukraine says Russian tanks flatten town; EU to threaten more sanctions |
- Seven NATO allies to create new rapid reaction force-report
- U.S. authorities investigate suspected threat against Obama: reports
- Putin says Russia must strengthen its economic, military position in Arctic
- China and Hong Kong poised for showdown over democracy