EverBank to buy GE Capital unit for $2.51 bln
July 2 (Reuters) - EverBank Financial Corp said it will buy GE Capital's Business Property Lending Inc division for $2.51 billion in cash.
Business Property, a unit of GE Capital Real Estate, originates and services commercial real estate loans for properties owned or leased by small and midsize businesses.
The deal includes about $2.44 billion of performing commercial loans, origination and servicing platforms, and servicing rights on $3.1 billion of loans securitized by GE Capital, the companies said in a statement.
- Obama condemns killing of reporter, U.S. hits militants in Iraq |
- Gaza war rages on, Hamas says Israel tried to kill its military chief |
- Four beheaded corpses found in Egypt's Sinai: security sources
- Father of Texas 'affluenza' teen arrested for impersonating police officer
- Islamic State opens new anti-U.S. front with beheading video