EverBank to buy GE Capital unit for $2.51 bln
July 2 (Reuters) - EverBank Financial Corp said it will buy GE Capital's Business Property Lending Inc division for $2.51 billion in cash.
Business Property, a unit of GE Capital Real Estate, originates and services commercial real estate loans for properties owned or leased by small and midsize businesses.
The deal includes about $2.44 billion of performing commercial loans, origination and servicing platforms, and servicing rights on $3.1 billion of loans securitized by GE Capital, the companies said in a statement.
- Fired UPS worker kills two supervisors, self, in Alabama shooting
- Obama critic D'Souza spared prison for violating election law
- Bin Laden son-in-law sentenced to life in U.S. prison
- Australia police kill 'terror suspect' after two officers stabbed
- Islamic State blows away Gulf qualms about joining U.S. military action