EverBank to buy GE Capital unit for $2.51 bln
July 2 (Reuters) - EverBank Financial Corp said it will buy GE Capital's Business Property Lending Inc division for $2.51 billion in cash.
Business Property, a unit of GE Capital Real Estate, originates and services commercial real estate loans for properties owned or leased by small and midsize businesses.
The deal includes about $2.44 billion of performing commercial loans, origination and servicing platforms, and servicing rights on $3.1 billion of loans securitized by GE Capital, the companies said in a statement.
- UK's Cameron shifts tack on constitutional shake-up to mollify Scots
- U.S. immigration protesters drop U.S. border blockade plan
- Islamic State closes in on Syrian town, refugees flood into Turkey |
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- Selling Mitch McConnell: What's love got to do with it?